The Internet is increasingly used as a communication tool by various personalities. But you should also know that this tool presents a lot of risks and is very vulnerable to malicious users. However it is important to know its evolution, to know that there is a tool like VPN (Virtual Private Networking) which can be used without fear.
How can you use this tool to protect your privacy, change your location or even browse anonymously? Find out in our tips in this article.
The characteristics of free and paid VPNs
A VPN is a virtual private network. It’s a way to increase your internet security to better protect your privacy. You connect to a local or foreign server of your choice. Some VPNs are free that is to say no acquisition cost and others are pay.
If you opt for a free VPN, it is important to know that this type of VPN is very vulnerable and does not live up to all the promises. In regards to Security, several free use protocols used by free VPNs are not 100% reliable. This is the case with a PPTP VPN whose security performance has been alarming. However with paid VPNs you can use protocols that make your connection more secure.
Furthermore level reliability, it’s important to note that a free VPN is less reliable. Since you are using a free service, updates may not be scheduled and resource usage may be limited. To use a VPN in complete security, you will have to opt for a reliable solution in terms of service and present every time you want to use it. If you accidentally choose an unreliable VPN, you will expose yourself to security risks which can slow down your productivity.
In addition to the speed, it’s good to have a tool that can process information quickly. Therefore, it is important to choose a VPN that is fast enough. With a free VPN, this is not always easy. It could slow down the processing of your information. Which is not the case with a paid and reliable VPN. It allows you to opt for fast servers providing encrypted and anonymous remote connections in seconds. So most paid VPNs will offer you faster and more transparent paths.
Client service : customer service is an essential element in a business. However, the majority of free VPNs do not provide customer service. However, paid VPNs allow you to be in contact with professionals. These will help you in your activity and will guarantee you perfect tranquility.
If you opt for a paid VPN service, it’s important to use it on a daily basis as many people ignore the amount of information they share on the internet. It is better to raise the security level.
However, some cases require special use.
- When using a wifi network from your phone, it is important to always use a VPN to protect your information. When you activate the wifi option on your phone, it can connect to all available wifi. You are immediately at the mercy of those on this server.
- Using a VPP is also making sure to hide your location on the internet.
- You can browse anonymously on the internet, for example, to avoid being tracked on torrent sites while boosting the speed of your downloads.
- You can also connect to your personal computer when you are on the road.
- To access content from a blocked website in another country, VPNs will block the location of your ISP and give you access to their server to give you access to that country’s website.
- For a company, using a VPN means having the possibility of giving employees access to the corporate network without going through the internet. This promotes the productivity of homework
Many structures that employ multiple employees use a VPN to operate securely. Also for exchanging important and confidential files and folders with collaborators or certain employees, this step requires knowledge of configuring VPN servers or VPN services.
You can connect to a VPN server via a tablet, mobile phone or computer. Most VPN server users use suitable web hosting. These accommodations implement services that are used for operating systems like Windows (7, 8 and 10), Linux and macOS. Operating systems running Android, iOS or Android TV are also affected. With Chrome, Firefox and other browsers, this is possible as an extension.